This is a practical, do-it-yourself guide for leaders and facilitators wanting to help organisations to function and to develop in more healthy, human and effective ways as they strive to make their contributions to a more humane society. It has been developed by the Barefoot Collective.
by Rehana Tejpar, capturing the learnings emerging from the Righting Relations Network
As we make the road by walking on this journey of building a women-led network of adult educators for social change across Turtle Island, in the spirit of Righting Relations, we are constantly learning and unlearning. We have captured and shared some of our learnings to date and will continue to evolve these ideas and practices as we continue to journey on this path.
- Involve Indigenous Peoples, Knowledges and Perspectives
- Understanding Colonization – It’s Contemporary History and Impacts
- Build Deep, Kin-like Relationships of Trust
- Integrating Mind, Body, Heart and Spirit brings forth Higher Level Solutions
- The Personal, Interpersonal and Systemic are all Inter-Connected
- Healing is a Valid Part of the Process
- True Collaboration Requires a Commitment to Ongoing Self Reflection and Inner Work
Read more: Turning theory into practice- Righting Relations
Connect, Inspire, Collaborate!
An activities manual from yesworld.org focusing on co-learning, community building and healing.
Download at: www.yesworld.org
A video by Organization Unbound, a website that attempts to re-imagine the way we think about and engage in social change.
View Video: organizationunbound.org
Partners for Youth Empowerment
PYE’s mission is to unleash the power, purpose, and potential of young people worldwide.
Visit Website: pyeglobal.org
Harvesting Conversations that Matter
The Art of Hosting is an approach to leadership that scales up from the personal to the systemic using personal practice, dialogue, facilitation and the co-creation of innovation to address complex challenges.
Visit Website: www.artofhosting.org