Righting Relations is a women-led, pan-Canadian network that strives to strengthen the capacity of adult educators and adult education to bring social change through political and economic literacy for a just society in Canada. With funding support from the Catherine Donnelly Foundation, hubs of adult educators and community organizers have been developing in communities across the country.
Righting Relations Winnipeg is looking for a part-time Circle Coordinator, located in Winnipeg, which involves working directly with community circle participants in the community and supporting the coordination of activities of the circle.
The coordinator duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate (book place, order food, etc) circle meetings and activities
- Communicate and meet with the coordination group on regular basis to debrief and plan ahead
- Collect information necessary for reporting
- Update the group’s social media and website
- Write narrative reports and provide reflections
- Take detailed notes of circles and meeting minutes and distribute
Term of Contract
5 month position starting April 1, 2018 – August 30, 2018.
The coordinator is expected to work an average of 7 hours a week, but they will not be evenly distributed every week.
Position has the potential for renewal pending funding
- Capacity to travel in the City of Winnipeg
- Organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience updating websites, communicating through social media
- The ability to work independently and take initiative while still being a strong team member
- Have attended previous circles and familiar with Righting Relations Western Hub
Interested candidates may submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org